If you have children of different ages (mines 11 & 5) then you know how challenging it is to go ANYWHERE and make everyone happy! During the last week of school I accompanied my daughters Kindergarten class to Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena – Jackpot!!!!
There was so much fun and adventure in that little place I was excited for her. Kidspace is designed for children 0-10 years old. And although it is a museum EVERYTHING is meant to be explored, touched and manipulated by kids to promote experimental learning and discovery through science, nature and outdoor play.
The Arroyo Adventure Exhibit is designed to connect your child with nature and inspire imaginative play. Luckily for the kiddos this exhibit is largely hands-on.
- NOTE: Wear clothes appropriate for messy play and bring a towel because this exhibit has a variety of activities that include water, mud and sand. (Keep in mind shoes are required at ALL times, even in the water areas)
Get your camera’s ready as there is a dress up in full Hawk attire to prepare your little ones for the rope bridge.
It get’s pretty toasty during the summer months so everyone is sure to enjoy the interpretive arroyo – a mini replica of the Arroyo Seco area.
The Galvin Physics Forest offers 12 exciting, hands-on exhibits created to inspire children to be the innovators and creators of tomorrow.
The Digging Deeper Gallery is an indoors exhibit that features a variety of activities including:
The Nature Exchange
Buggy’s Diner (closing September 2016)
Flattery’s Art Center (Closing September 2016)
Climbing Towers are built for both children and parents to climb over 40ft above kidspace
Outdoor Play involves various water areas, trike tracks, nature trails, a toddlers discovery corner and so much more!
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- Hours: Tuesday – Friday 9:30 – 5:00pm ; weekends 10:00 – 5:00pm (subject to change)
- Cost: $13 per person; free for kids under 1
- Parking is Free! and plentiful.
- Food: The Kidspace Cafe has a variety of food and beverage items to chose from, or you can cut cost and bring a lunch to enjoy in the lunch area.
- Kidspace Exhibits See Map
- FREE Family Nights first Tuesday of every month from 4:00 to 8:00pm.
Kidspace Children’s Museum is located at:
480 N. Arroyo Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91103
SEE YOU THERE!!!